Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bacchus Healthcare

Sen. Cornyn has an Update, entitled "Sen. Cornyn: The Best Prescription For Health Care Reform". I've replied to him as follows:

"Dear Sen. Cornyn,

I have read your "Best Prescription for Health Care Reform". You expended a lot of herbage describing what you have done on healthcare. I suppose your intention was to have my sympathies in saying, 'Well. It's a foregone conclusion. The Baucus bill will pass, but Sen. Cornyn really tried".

However, that is not my belief. I don't believe you tried hard enough. You fully recognized that you are in a minority position and yet beat your head against the wall of majority Senate opinion, based on party affiliation, by not using a little imagination. Circumvent the obvious obstacles. What have you done to establish coalition with Democrats who seriously believe in fiscal responsibility? I suspect there are many of them, who will desert party lines. You may also have to desert party lines on other matters in order to gain cooperation. Money is the big thing. Idealism and compassion for the noncovered are always secondary.

The vote is not yet in. Get out there and establish a consolidated block to defeat the Baucus bill."

No comments:

Post a Comment